I hope you all have time to read this post till the last line. This is going to be quite long.
I have just been given the Liebster Award! Weeeee! And I have Kimberly over at Kimberley's Quests to thank for this honor. A big hug and thank you to Kim! I hope you pay her a visit.
This award is given to promising new bloggers with less than 200 followers. As usual I have to follow a few rules.
I have to:
1. post eleven things about myself;
2. answer the questions the tagger set for me;
3. choose eleven upcoming bloggers and link them in my post;
4. make eleven new questions for them to answerl
4. go to their blog and let them know I've nominated them;
As for the eleven things about myself... I have made so many lists like this and it's getting harder and harder each time. Here goes...
1. I have cervical spondilosis. It was triggered when I gave my son a piggy back ride when he was six. I guess I should make a separate post about that someday.
2. I am crazy about frozen yoghurt.
3. When I was young, I used to get mails from all over the world and I liked smelling them.
4. I used to have a crush on Li Shang, the love interest of Mulan. Yes, the one in the Disney movie....the cartoon guy. I thought he was so masculine! hahaha!
5. When I was in the fourth grade I got addicted to watching beauty pageants. I used to imitate the contestants, wear a blanket for a gown, walk around the room, wave my hands and smile.
6. I love MacGyver.
7. I used to sell "coloring books" I made to my younger sister.
8. My grandfather and I used to perform magic tricks in front of guests.
9. I consider myself an environmentalist.
10. I was schooled in an exclusive school for girls from elementary to college.
11. I am afraid of stairs.
Whew! That was really hard!
It's now time to answer Kim's questions.
1. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If I were to read only one book it should be something light.
Sophie Kinsella made me laugh so hard with The Undomestic Goddess and Can You Tell a Secret so I guess it's either one of the two.
2. What is your favourite color?
If it's something to wear, white or a dark shade of pink. Otherwise, I like baby blue, baby pink and carnation green.
3. Spring or Fall?
We don't have spring and fall here but I'd choose spring. It's so pretty and full of life.
4. Share your best birthday memory.
All my past birthdays were special but here's one of the extra special birthdays I had.
After Ruel treated me to a birthday dinner, we went back to his car and he brought out a cake complete with candles, he lit them and sang "Happy Birthday" .
5. Would you rather bake cookies or cook steak?
I'd rather bake cookies because I love the smell of baked goodies.
6. What was the name of your first pet?
I had a bunny I got from an Easter egg hunt and my sister and I named it Bunny One. Weird, huh?
7. What is your favourite board game?
I don't have any.
8. What movie do you most relate to?
Never Been Kissed, only because Drew's character was as romantic as I am.
9. On vacation do you go camping or stay in a hotel?
I absolutely love nature but I don't think I'd be comfortable camping in the woods. I'd rather stay in a hotel.
10. What is your favorite burger topping?
coleslaw, bacon, mushrooms
11. One word to describe your day.
Glad that's over. Now, let me nominate eleven deserving bloggers.
Here are my questions for you, ladies.
1. What color would describe you best and why?
2. What is your favorite scent of perfume or cologne?
3. If your life was a novel what would its title be?
4. Which TV series/book/movie character are you most like? In what way?
5. Who would you go out with, Superman or Batman?
(Sorry, I just can't resist asking that question)
6. What do you do to relieve stress?
7. What was the most romantic thing ever said to you?
8. What was the best surprise you ever had?
9. When did you start wearing make-up?
10. Who is your favorite Disney princess and why?
11. What place is most memorable to you?
I hope you ladies will have fun answering these questions. I certainly had a lot of fun making them. There was even a point I got excited about answering them and then I realized, they weren't for me!
Okay, so enough about the award. Now it's time for me to show you the bag you have all been waiting for....
So, that's my woven bag! I hope you all like how it turned out.
And that ends this long post. Thank you to all who read it, specially those who are still reading at this point!
Thanks again to Kim for the nomination! I feel really flattered that people are noticing my blog!