Monday, July 2, 2012

6-Word Memoir(s)-15 Day Challenge


When I saw the prompt for the second day, I thought I was going to have a hard time with it.  I don't think I am creative enough to express my life in 6 words but I am going to give it a try.  Here goes:

Claire still believes in fairy tales.

I am such a hopeless and incurable romantic.  I remember when I was four, I asked my dad to tell me a story about me and my future groom....about how he'd ask for my hand, etc.  And I asked him to tell that story over and over.  I never grew tired.  I guess I have been looking for my prince ever since.  Even with several heartbreaks, I still believe in happy-ever-afters.  I believe in second chances, in love and in marriage.  Curtis, my Canadian friend, was once so fascinated with this trait of mine that he wrote a song specially for me (which he sang in a restaurant-bar) and it was entitled, Because Claire Still Believes In Fairy Tales.  


My head is bloody but unbowed.

I will borrow the words from one of my favorite poems, Invictus.  I have been misunderstood, judged, betrayed, insulted in different ways and yet I can truly and proudly say that "my head is bloody but unbowed."   I will continue standing and fighting for things I believe in.  I will continue being me because I don't know how to be anybody else.     Try as they will, they can never ever break my spirit.


The charity of Christ impels me.

I am not perfect, and sometimes I fall but this is how I try to live my life.  It's the love of Christ that impels me to do the good things that I do.  



7 comments:

  1. I love the last one. That's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one is my favorite of all that I have read! Great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those are really good ones- I love the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i believe in fairy tales too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all great! I love getting to know you better and these offer a great glimpse into your personalit. #3 is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I came across your blog from the 15 Day Challenge.

    I have to say, still being a fairytale lover & believer myself, the first one is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first one and I love the little story that goes with it. I think its really sweet and I can relate to it quite easily. Good work :)

    Good luck with the challenge!

    http://answersinthejourney.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.