Sunday, July 8, 2012

15 Day Challenge - 6th post


I'm a little behind in the challenge because of my recent schedule but I'm trying to catch up.

The sixth prompt was:

What's something you've always wanted to do but haven't? Why not?


When I was 19, my  German penfriend stayed in our house for three weeks.  Before she left I promised her that I would go visit her in Germany after three years.  We planned that she would take me on a tour of her country. We also planned to go to France, England, Spain and Italy together.

After two years, I was only 10,000 pesos short of my budget for the trip.  I was sure I was going to make it and was so excited.  Unfortunately, I met a guy and fell in love.  I ended up spending my European trip budget for my share of the wedding cost. :(

Two years after I got married, I had a baby.  A personal crisis followed soon after.

Now, I am trying to finish my masters, planning another wedding, and will have another baby, hopefully soon after the wedding.

I haven't given up on that dream.  I know, it feels like I have broken my promise to a friend but to me, it's not like that at all.  It's just that the fulfillment of the promise has been delayed.  But I am definitely going to fulfill it someday.  I just hope when I finally get to do it, Maike (that's my German friend) and I will still be strong enough to do a lot of long walks together.


I have lots of other things I want to do but haven't:

learn to paint 
time and money constraints

take photography classes 
time and money constraints

scuba dive 
I'm a little scared...I'm not a good swimmer.  Gears and all, I still think I should be a good
swimmer to try this.

travel to another country with the man  I love
I think I can do this soon, after the wedding

wear a two-piece bikini
hahaha! I don't have a body I can flaunt!

play the main character in a musical
I wasn't blessed with a voice beautiful enough to play the main character in a musical. So I'm just so happy to have been given a chance to be a part of a musical, even if it's just a small part.

land a role with a speaking part in a play 
Now, I think this is more possible.  Let's hope for this one!

go fishing
I don't have any idea where to do this,really.

These are just a few of them. I really hope I can find a way to do all of them.  Landing the main role in a musical is a loooooooooong shot though.  Still, I can dream. Can't I? After all, my recent experiences have proven that anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.