Friday, May 3, 2013

What Makes Me Uncomfortable: Day Three of Blog Every Day in May

Source: notsalmon.com via Karen on Pinterest


Today's prompt for Blog Every Day in May is: Things that Make Me Uncomfortable. 

 Hmmm....let's see...

There's more than just a couple.

1. mess

I'm not what you can describe as an organized person.  In fact, I find it hard to organize my things.  What's curious is that mess makes me uncomfortable.  I know a lot of disorganized people who can function well in a messy environment. I can't.

2. forgetting my cellphone at home

If I do not have my cellphone I feel naked and that certainly is uncomfortable.  

3. low battery

Speaking of cellphones, I also feel uncomfortable when I am out of the house and my phone runs low on battery. 80% of my mind will be on the task at hand but 20% will always be on my phone.

4.  hearing people say I'm good at something

See, I'm not very good at receiving compliments. I say "thank you" when someone says I look good, or that I'm good at something but I always end up trying to come up with a funny remark about it, because a part of me is embarrassed.

5. cooking without washing my hands with soap and water at least three times

I cannot handle food if I do not wash my hands with soap and water at least three times or more.  Once is not enough for me.  It's like there will always be a nagging feeling deep inside, a voice telling me to wash my hands once more.  Even in the middle of cooking, I still have to wash my hands every once in a while and it really takes up so much time.  But at least the people eating the food I prepared are certain it's clean.

6.  news

It seems as if every bit of news I hear on TV and radio is bad and this leaves me feeling uncomfortable and scared.


7. heels that are more than two  inches

I sometimes twist my ankle even when I'm wearing slippers.  Because of this, I am not comfortable wearing shoes with more than two  inches of heels.  I'm  short in height and oftentimes I wish I could wear high heeled shoes but every time I wear one, I end up walking with tiny little steps and my legs would go shaky, specially when going up or down a flight of stairs.

8. going out of the house without a bag

I don't know why but I feel funny without a bag, as if a part of me is missing.

9. unmade bed

I cannot sleep when the bed is not made.  I sometimes feel like the princess in The Princess and the Pea.

I guess that's all I can think of. What makes you uncomfortable? Link up with Jenni and tell us!



  My husband is snoring beside me.  I want to do a duet....but I don't snore. :)  I really have to go to bed now.  I spent four hours at the DFA for the renewal of my passport.  


1 comment:

  1. Completely agree with the low battery thing, it makes me feel uncomfortable too!
    you've got a lovely blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.