Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Things I'm Afraid of - Seventh Day of Blog Every Day in May
















I'm linking up again with Jenni for Blog Every Day in May.




Today's prompt is: The Thing(s)You're Most Afraid of

I consider myself to be more on the paranoid side and I have a lot of things I am afraid of.  Here are some  of them in no particular order.

1. snakes

2. rabies

3. environmental catastrophes ( I don't even like mentioning them specifically)

4. fires

5. leaving this world without having seen my children have a good and happy life

6. eternal fire

7. cancer

8. road accidents and all other travel-related accidents

9. my parents leaving me

10. growing old alone

11. failure

12. rejection

13. hot oil when cooking

14. being alone in an unfamiliar place

15. leaving my comfort zone

16. fortune tellers

17. the unknown

I have so many other things I am afraid of.  I realized that a lot of them are actually stopping me from becoming the person I want to be, and from living the life I want to have.  I know that I must find a way to conquer them if I want to live the life I was born to live.  But I don't know where to start or how.    In fact, I'm even afraid of starting. Do I make sense?

What are you afraid of?


Source: dreamcultures.wordpress.com via Marie Claire on Pinterest




                                                         

4 comments:

  1. I can relate... So many of these things scare me too. I don't have any great advice for conquering them, but it's nice to know that there are others in the same boat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear of the unknown. Yep that's me. I don't like not being In control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit on most of my fears on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leaving my comfort zone, failure, rejection.... yes, yes and yes. I have GOT to get over those fears.

    I had to laugh at "fortune tellers," though. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.