Monday, May 6, 2013

What I Do - Day Six of Blog Every Day in May


What do I do?

I guess I can say that my blog address teachlovewrite.blogspot.com, summarizes what I do.  

1. I am a teacher and a mother.  Teachers and mothers do the same thing.  We do more than teach our children. We plant seeds, water them, take care of them until they bear fruits.  As a teacher and a mother, I also would like to think of myself as a torchbearer. 

I'd like to share with you something I've written some two years ago about what I do.

I am a Teacher.  I teach, I listen, I motivate. I heal, I build, I transform.  I love. Most of all, I create sparks. My heart is a torch that forever burns. It burns with a passion to change a world that has grown cold with arrogance and pride, with selfishness and greed, with the hunger to be, to rule and to conquer.

Every year, I set out to share my flame, to create sparks in the hearts of young souls.  Strong winds do try to put out the flame in the torch I keep but the thought of the souls who count on me shields the flame from burning out.

New sparks are created every year. The sparks will not be equal in strength or brightness.  Some of them may die out in case of a storm, but hopefully, a lot of them will survive storms and hurricanes.  They shall not yield.  Instead, the storms will make them even bigger, stronger and brighter.  They will live to be great fires themselves.  They will turn the cold world warm with their light and turn the night into day.

They are my hope....little sparks in the darkness, lighting my way as I light theirs. They will live on and share their flame with others, creating sparks here and there, until the world is ablaze with light and humanity is warm with love.
my students performing on stage

Here I am with my students. I'm the one in powder pink shirt.

2. I love.  I believe that love can do wonders in one's life.  I do not believe in magic,      just in the magic of love and I will spend the rest of my life loving and being in love.

3. I write. I write poems, stories, and I chronicle my life here on The Secret Notebook.

What do you do? Link up with Jenni and tell us what you do!


1 comment:

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.