Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Night with Old Friends

I'm skipping today's Blog Every Day in May prompt.

I'll tell you about tonight instead.

Remember the old friend I mentioned in my post the other day?  Her name is Claudette and she and I and another friend of ours, Elvira, had dinner tonight.  I haven't seen these two for two decades so you can bet I was so excited to see them.

We dined at Marciano's at Greenbelt 3. It's a pasta, pizza and steak place and though I am what you might call a pasta girl and my son and my husband, pizza boys, it was my first time at Marciano's. 



The place was kinda dim, quiet, perfect for a date and conversation.  We had chicken, which I think was roasted, pizza, pasta, veggie salad, and meatballs.  I, however, cannot tell you anything about the food. Honestly, I can't tell you what's in the pasta except that it had pesto and cream.  I can't tell you the toppings of the pizza, or the dressing of the salad.  The meatballs? I didn't even touch it.

I'm a talker and since I have not talked with these two friends for two decades, well, I guess you can say I talked and laughed more than I ate.  In fact, I chewed and swallowed without even noticing the taste!  Wow! That's really a first for me since I'm the kind of person who likes to savor the taste of every morsel of food I put inside my mouth.



We're 20 years older, 20 years wiser, and despite everything each of us has been through, you can say, that  in more ways than one we are still the same girls we were 20 years ago.

I truly enjoyed the "tasteless" dinner.   I haven't had a night like this in ages.  I wish I could get together with old friends more often.



Claudette and Elvira, let's do this again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.