Sunday, May 12, 2013

I Miss...Day 12 of Blog Every Day in May

It's hard to write this post without getting a little sad.  Usually, when I remember the people or things I miss, I try my hardest to think of something else just so I wouldn't be sad.  But today, I am forced to face all of them.

Let's start with my grandparents on my mom's side  (I didn't see my grandparents on my dad's side anymore).  They doted on me.  My lola (grandma) taught me the alphabet, taught me how to count, how to pray, etc.  My lolo (grandpa) was my first friend. We played pretend together and we did magic tricks whenever guests were around. I was the magician and he was my assistant.  Lolo and Lola were taken back to heaven when I was in 4th grade and first year high school respectively. I think of them often and regret the fact that I wasn't by their side when they passed away.  I hope they know how much I love them.



I miss my son.  Yeah, I know he lives with me and we see each other all the time. I miss the "old" him.  He was a lot different then.   He was such a happy little child, with a ready smile for me and for everyone.  I miss his free hugs and kisses and I miss his chubby little hands that didn't try to break free from my clasp, his innocent laughter  that rang around the house all day long.   Oh, why do children have to grow up so fast?





I miss the old me....specifically my 20-year-old self.   Yes, that girl was naive and inexperienced. She tried to get home before sunset, never went out at night with friends (hmm...she sounded boring I know) but she was carefree and full of hope and she had every right to be.    She had no responsibilities similar to those of young professionals like herself.  Life was easy and the future was full of promise.  I terribly miss her.

What about you? What do you miss? Link up at Jenni's. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.