Saturday, May 4, 2013

Beautiful Words: Day Four of Blog Every Day in May

I thought today's prompt would be easy for me to write about.  My mom  majored in Literature and she has quotes for almost every situation.  But there's just so many of them, in addition to the ones I read or heard myself that it's just impossible to choose only one.

I decided to give you three.

The first one is something I heard my mom quote. I think it's by Kalidasa.

"Yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow, a vision.
But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
And tomorrow, a vision of hope"

Every time I hear this quote, I am reminded that I shouldn't go through life aimlessly, without a care, without a goal.  Instead, I should live every day of my life the best way I can, by loving and by doing.  Then and only then can I look back to every yesterday as a happy day, and only then can  I look forward to a bright tomorrow.

The second one is from a poem I found in one of my mom's old books.  God Moves in a Mysterious Way is a lovely poem written by William Cowper and it has become my favorite poem.  The following is my favorite stanza.

Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
But trust Him for His grace;
Behind a frowning providence,
He hides a smiling face.

It reminds me that we should not question God when bad things happen.  We should, instead, trust Him.  Everything happens for a reason but we do not know God's reason.  We just have to trust His love and His wisdom.  Most of the time, the bad things are just blessings in disguise.  They were allowed to take place so that God's bright and beautiful plan for us can someday come into fruition.


And the last quote is from Smallville.

"Life is about change. Sometimes it's painful. Sometimes it's beautiful. But most of the time it's both."

It reminds me of my life, and of how scared I am about change.  I know life cannot happen without change and that's what makes it more frightening for me.  Some changes have hurt me.  Some changes have made me happy. Last December the change that happened in my life was the kind of change that brings both.  That's when I began to appreciate this quote.

What's your favorite quote? Link up with Jenni and share it with us.



4 comments:

  1. I like all of your quotes. I especially liked the first one! Thanks for visiting me today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Smallville quote the most, how very true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you said when bad things happen we shouldn't question God. You are so right. He can use the bad for His good.
    Eva @ Snappee Turtle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these. I really believe the second one - God doesn't make bad things happen; God's is the first heart to break when bad things do happen. It's up to us to move forward and open up to what his plan may be.

    And of course, the first and third are really ringing true for me right now, too. I think this challenge is not only getting me to write every day, but also making me take a good look at where I am in life and where I want to be.

    ReplyDelete

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.