Saturday, June 2, 2012

Inspirational Video



Our university president showed this video during the parent orientation this morning. It was my first time to see the video and I was so touched that I cried.

Seeing this video made me realize two things.

First, it made me realize once more the greatness of the human spirit.

Second, and more importantly, it made me realize my role as a mother to my son.

While it is true, that I should always be there for my son, guiding him and supporting him, there are times when I should stay only on the sidelines.

Derek's dad offered him support when he saw that his son needed him but there was a time he left him and allowed him to finish the race on his own.

Like Derek's dad, I should let my son do things on his own. I should allow him the freedom to make mistakes and learn from them. Without ever totally abandoning him, without ever making him feel alone, I should give him the opportunity to run whatever race he chooses, on his own.

It's scary sometimes but I know I have to do it, because this is the only way my son can grow and be the best person that he can be.



Video borrowed from youtube.com posted by necessity4failure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.