Monday, May 21, 2012

What I Ask of You

Love me with a passion
But be gentle with me.
Wear your heart right on your sleeve
For all the world to see!

Look at me with loving eyes,
Mesmerize me with your smile.
Let me know you wouldn't stay
Only for a while.

Be my friend not just my lover,
Listen when I speak.
Hold my hand and be my strength
In moments when I'm weak.

Keep me close in your embrace
When we go to sleep at night.
Tell me that because you're there
Everything will be just right.

Do not bend or break my spirit,
Gently guide me when I'm wrong.
Don't always let me have my way,
I need you to be firm and strong.

Share your thoughts and dreams with me,
Of your life make me a part.
Share your joys and pains with me,
Let me see what's in your heart.

Tell me that because of me
Your world is such a better place.
Tell me my enchanting smile
Has turned your nights all into days.

Be the one to wipe my tears,
Tenderly kiss my fears away.
Promise me that you'll love me
Forever and a day.

I wrote this for my fiance a long time ago.  Just wanted to share...

1 comment:

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.