Sunday, May 20, 2012

17 Again


For lack of a better thing to do last night, I watched a DVD copy of 17 Again.  It was the only movie I had at home which I had not yet watched. I thought it was too much of a  teen stuff for me but I was in for a surprise.

17 Again was about Mike O'Donell (adult: played by Matthew Perry; young: played by Zac Efron), a former high school basketball superstar who missed the opportunity to land a college scholarship when his girlfriend declared that she was pregnant with his child just seconds before the big game.

Mike's life was turning out to be a total disappointment until he was given a chance to be 17 again.  He goes back to high school where he gets to know his kids better.

The movie reminds us how our failures can sometimes make us regret choices we've made or at least, make us appear to feel that way, until we realize that given another chance, we would gladly make the same choice all over again.

I never expected it but I honestly enjoyed the movie.  I had my laugh-out-loud moments and had my sniff-and-cry moments...though it's really very easy to make me cry...but still...

Although the movie stars Zac Efron, I don't think the movie is only for teenagers. It is also for every husband or wife, every dad or mom, who, in one way or another, gave up a dream or sacrificed something, for the sake of that person who mattered most to them.

1 comment:

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.