Saturday, September 29, 2012

2nd Liebster Award --- first of four posts

I got three surprises recently.  I was nominated by three different bloggers for the Liebster Award which I had already received probably around two months ago.

Anyhow, I am going to answer their questions one post at a time.  This is the first of four posts.  I will reveal my nominations on my fourth post. 

Today, it will be Chris's questions that I am going to answer.

1. Why do you blog?

As I have said on my About this Blog page, I used to have a diary.  It even had a name.  I called it, Dyna and pretended it was a she. I kind of miss having her around to absorb everything I'm thinking and feeling. So, I started an online diary. 

Today, Dyna has evolved from a secret notebook to something that I hope people would read.  Dyna couldn't reply to all my questions about life, she couldn't tell me what she thought about the things I was thinking about, she couldn't offer advice.  But now, when I write, I usually get replies. I know that I am not alone in thinking the things I think of, or in feeling the way I feel about things.   When I write, someone responds and that's what has kept me blogging.  

Through this blog, I have met some pretty amazing ladies whose posts I truly enjoy.
The blogging community is so friendly and I find everything here amazing!

Of course, there is a plan to monetize this blog and get monetary reward from it but for now, I do not think it is ready for that yet.  

2. What's the story behind your first ever blog post?

It was just a poem  I wrote when my son was three year old.  We were both praying together and at the end of our prayer, he added, "Thank you God for making the world."  That inspired me to write the poem you see here

3. Where's your dream destination and why?

Paris, France; Malaga, Barcelona and Madrid, Spain; Rome, Venice and Florence in Italy and Hamburg, Germany

4.Where's your favorite place (among the places you've been to)  and why?

In the country, I would say, Tagaytay at a drop of a hat. So, do you still wonder why I'm getting married there?  I love its landscape, its view, its food and the atmosphere of the place.  To top it all off, it's near enough to visit anytime and far enough to be relaxing.

I've been to other countries but nothing stands out...I guess I haven't been to that many places outside the country to really pick a favorite.  

5. What's your favorite color?

I love white, salmon, pink and ....

this shade of green.





This is our main wedding color.  I'm just a little sad because the one making our dress was not able to get exactly this shade for the gowns of my girls. :(

6. What would surely make you smile? 

 Lots, actually....a hug from my son, a sweet gesture from Ruel, cute puppies, our dogs, Chelsea and Chloe, seeing my good friends again, shoes that fit (I hate shopping for shoes because I have tiny feet!),  letter in the mail, a feel-good movie, a nice poem, an excellent book, Zambales mangoes (They're the sweetest, promise!), flowers given just because, surprise gifts (!!!), yummy dessert, comments from my readers, new followers, Saturday without work (!!!), Fridays (if there is no work the next day), etc.

Right now, what would really place a big smile on my face is winning the lottery! Nobody will be able to take that smile off my face then. Plus, I'd jump up and down and do my dance.

Seriously, a beautiful, well-attended wedding on a clear day will put the greatest smile on my face this year, and maybe giving birth to our very own healthy baby girl will put the greatest smile on my face (and on Ruel's) next year.

....wait... I was serious about the lottery too!

7. What would ruin your day?

misunderstanding with Ruel, school problems (student and parent related), 

8. What's your favorite subject in school?

I guess English Literature, English Grammar, Christian Living and Philosophy of Man...oh the question said, "subject", no "s".  I can't pick one though.

9. What's your favorite sport or sports team?

 I don't have a favorite team, no favorite sport.  I guess there's no point in saying, I'm not into sports.

10. Are you right-handed or left-handed?
right-handed

11. What did you do for your last birthday?

It was nothing extraordinary but if you're interested, you can read about it here.


Chris, I hope you're satisfied with my answers.  Thanks again for the nomination!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! :) I just love how love radiates into this blog. :) I wish you the best, always. Don't let anyone take the smile off your face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the nomination! That is awesome!!

    I would love to travel to all of the destinations you mentioned. So many great places, so little time...and funds. :-( All in due time, I suppose. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.