Sunday, April 14, 2013

How I Have Been Feeling Lately

I wonder how plain housewives feel.

I work and earn money but since my husband is earning much much more than I am, I have been feeling a bit inadequate lately.

Somehow, it seems that what I earn  is just loose change compared to what he earns and since I pay for my insurance and my son's education,small bills like our landline and  internet, it seems that what I earn has no value at all.  One minute it's there, and then after  buying some grocery items,  one or two trips to McDonald's, it's gone, just like that... in just a blink of an eye.

 Then comes the time when it's gone and there are things I need to buy for myself, or for my son,  it's just so shameful that I have to ask.

I wonder if there's anyone out there who feels the same way as I do.


3 comments:

  1. I do. Every thing you said he applies to me. And I don't feel ashamed asking from Hubs. We shared responsibilities and that includes sharing money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but I feel as if I have nothing to share or what I have left to share has little value. A big chunk of what I earn goes to my son who isnt biologically his...so nahiya talaga ako.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand. Don`t worry I think he loves you enough to understand you. Every thing he owns are yours too. Be comfortable with it. Thing is, baka naninibago ka pa.

    ReplyDelete

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.