Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pickled Mangoes

I remember  I promised to share with you all our recipe for pickled mangoes.

Today I am going to make good on that promise.

What you'll need:

some salt
half a cup of water
a cup of sugar 
three green mangoes

Procedure:

1. Slice the mangoes like this:

2. Mix some salt with the mangoes. Make sure that you mix well.
3. Set aside for at least 8-10 hours or overnight.
4.  Wash the mangoes and drain well. Set aside.
5. Heat 1/2 cup of water and 1 cup sugar in a pot. Let the water boil and allow the sugar to dissolve before stirring.  Once you see the water and sugar turn into syrup, take it out of the heat and let it cool.


6. Meanwhile, arrange the mangoes in a dry glass container.
7. Pour the syrup into the container with the mangoes after the syrup has cooled.
8. Store the mangoes in the refrigerator for a day before eating.



I hope you try this because it's really a good appetizer. Just don't be like me, I always end up almost eating the entire thing before eating the real meal!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.