Friday, December 4, 2015

Three Years as Mr. and Mrs.


Hello friends!  I am back from a very exhausting journey outside the country.  I'm still contemplating whether or not I will tell you all about that.

But this, I'm sure I want everyone to know....

My Hunny Bed and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary on the 2nd of December.  He took me and Tootsieroll on a very quick trip outside the country and on the 2nd of December, right after landing at the airport, we drove directly to Tagaytay-- the charming little town where we got married three years ago.  We attended the late afternoon mass at Our Lady of Lourdes Church, the same church where we exchanged our vows. We booked the same  family suite where my parents, Toots and I slept  the night before the wedding.

My Hunny Bed and Tootsieroll in our suite

During dinner on the 2nd, a few hours after we came from the airport.  I looked so haggard!
my son, enjoying his chicken
I have always loved Tagaytay, and no matter how many times I have been there, and no matter how many times I have stared at the volcano and the lake that surrounds it, I still feel magic when I'm there. But this time, I didn't enjoy Tagaytay at all, I was just so exhausted... too exhausted.   I guess it was wrong to have gone out of the country too close to our anniversary.

I wanted to get Starbucks coffee with my Hunnybed on the night of the 2nd (just like we did on our second night as husband and wife)

first Starbucks coffee with my husband (December 3, 2012)

but I was just too tired.


I have always wanted to see the first rays of morning on the lake again just like on our first dawn as Mr. and Mrs.

first dawn as Mr. and Mrs. (December 3, 3012)


but I was too tired I forgot all about it. 

Even the cold breezy December night that Tagaytay is famous for and the reason many Filipinos flock to Tagaytay at this time of the year, failed to put a smile on my face.  If anything, it just made me feel uncomfortable.  I just wanted to escape it all and sleep.

It just wasn't right to be in my favorite place, with two of my most favorite people, on my favorite date, and not feel anything except exhaustion and the need for sleep.

Sad to say, that our 3rd anniversary was a happy occasion but it  didn't make me feel the way I wanted to feel.

Oh well....with God's grace and loving mercy, I'm sure there are still a lot of wedding anniversaries in store for us.  It's just so sad that I waited for a whole year for it, with joyful anticipation and it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be.  And now I have to wait for another year. :(

Thank you, God for giving me a loving man who always tries his best to make me happy!  I want to have a lovely date with my husband soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.