It's the night of the 23rd and there's nothing I want to blog about except for a few random thoughts.
1. I am listening to Christmas music as I write this but I just can't seem to put myself in the mood for Christmas. For some who read my Why Christmas Doesn't Feel the Same this Year post, I'm sure you understand what I mean. It's the 23rd and the house is not decked for Christmas. I wanted to decorate it, but I just couldn't get into that mood of decorating. The garland I usually decorate the stairs with is missing and I didn't even try to look for it or to replace it with a new one. I put the tree up just a week ago. After hanging the last tree decor, I suddenly realized I have not sung at all. I have been putting the tree up for twenty one years now and I always without fail unconsciously sing, "O Christmas tree, o Christmas tree" over and over even if those are the only words I know from the song and I just continue with "lalalalalala" while decorating. But this year, I was able to put up the tree without singing or humming any tune. I hope next Christmas, the joy will be rekindled in my heart.
2. I made a promise to a certain young lady that I will be making my Clairedori for her but due to my activities this December I have not yet started on the main notebook. I have to make three, one for her and two more for two other young ladies whose moms are friends with hers and who are also both close to me. So now you understand why I have to make two more.
3. I still can't get over the fact that the Miss Universe host made a mistake in calling the winner. I am quite happy for our candidate who came out to be the real winner and quite sorry too for Miss Colombia who was decrowned only minutes after she was crowned. But if it was me, I wouldn't have waited for Miss Universe 2014 to remove the crown from my head. Someone taking the crown off my head is what will make it more embarrassing for me. I would have taken it off myself and placed it on the real winner's head, hugged her and congratulated her. That's what I was thinking all the while Miss Colombia and Miss Philippines were waiting for what seemed like an eternity. But that's just me. I mean different people would have different reactions given the circumstances.
4. I have a few more gifts to buy and a few more to wrap and it's very stressful for me. The Christmas rush is stressful enough without me having to go to the ladies room every ten minutes. I have just had my shockwave two days ago and the procedure plus all the water and medicine I have to take are making me want to just live in the comfort of my own toilet for maybe a week.
5. I miss my dear Sofia so much! This should have been her first Christmas. We should have been so happy and excited. All the preparations should have meant so much. But now, thinking about what should have been, what could have been, I just feel so empty, so sad and so frustrated.
So these are my thoughts this night of the 23rd. I hope I can find the time and the mood to write again in time for Christmas.
Enjoy the festivities!