Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Stress

Stress is a big part of my life, whether I am at work or not.  Weird because if you ask me, I think only work-related things should cause stress but curiously, that's not true at all.

So, here are everyday things and not so everyday things that cause me stress:

1. Softdrinks bought from a fast food drive-thru  -  When I'm driving with my husband and son        and we buy softdrinks, Ruel would usually be handing the food and drinks over to me after getting them from the lady at the window and I'd get stressed over having to get everything fast and keeping the softdrinks balanced to avoid spillage.

2. Buying shoes-My feet are so tiny I have a terribly hard time finding shoes that fit. In fact, I consider shoe shopping a chore.  It's stressful for me and to the salesladies who keep  going back to the stockroom to find another style, another size.  It's very seldom that I find shoes that fit so when I do I usually end up buying them regardless of the style.

3. Going through airport queues - News of people putting drugs in bags of other passengers give me paranoia. Filling out forms, paying airport tax, while pulling my bags and making sure I do not lose my documents and going through immigration are things I do not enjoy at all....and that's putting it mildly.

4. Cleaning my dog's number 2-I love my doggie but I hate doing this.  I have to make sure I do not touch it with my fingers and I usually soap my hands three times afterwards.

5. Finding out that there's a faculty meeting after class-This is a big deal for me.  I'm usually so excited to go home.  It's what I always look forward to so if I am told that there's going to be a meeting after class, it usually ruins my day.  Why can't they schedule meetings at least a day before? That way, I'll be able to condition my mind.

6. Leaving my phone at home unintentionally-This makes me uncomfortable the whole day.  I know it's wrong but I find it hard to focus and function without my phone beside me.

7. Rain-When it's raining hard and I'm at home, I worry that there would be another flood.  When I'm not at home, I still worry about flood, having to get home, and making sure my legs and feet don't get wet.

8. Cleaning chicken - Removing the heart, liver and lungs is a disgusting process.

9. Annual examination - I specifically hate the fecalysis  and hate is an understatement.

10. Leaving the house and thinking that I've forgotten to check the gas -  I usually check the gas but I also usually doubt that I had.

There are still many others but I'm too excited to show you what Ruel bought for me today.


Two new pairs of shoes that fit !!! 

I never get to buy two new pairs because I hardly ever find a pair that do not need two corks. 

This only happens once in a blue moon and it made me sooooo happy I feel like dancing!

And shoe shopping today did not stress me a bit.

What about you?  What gives you stress?


1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with you about how stressful it gets in our airport. Traveling elsewhere arriving 2 hours in advance is usually enough. Back in NAIA, 3 hours is necessary.

    ReplyDelete

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.