Monday, January 20, 2014

An Eye Opener

I'be been MIA again for more almost two  weeks. It's actually a very stressful  eleven days.

We had to take our helper to the emergency room some two weeks ago because she was having trouble breathing. After she had undergone some tests, we were told that she was having a heart attack.

She's home now and resting but you can just imagine how much we spent for her treatment.  My husband's blood pressure went up just thinking of it!

Now, we're all trying to avoid fat, and all those unhealthy food that are bad for the heart. I've exercised only twice since it happened but I vow to do so more regularly. I really just have a problem with time,plus the fact that it's so cold nowadays. I just want to keep my showers down to only once a day.

What happened has really served as an eye opener for us...about how fragile life is, the importance of staying fit and eating healthy, of how God has blessed us so we can be a blessing to others, etc. I mean, even if you see this kind of thing on TV, you hear it from others, still, you don't get to really  understand what everyone is talking about until it's staring you right in your face, so to speak.

I am experiencing some on and off chest pains as of this writing. I'm hoping and praying it's nothing. After all, on a scale of 1-10, I give my pains only 1. However, I cannot help but feel paranoid about it.

I guess that's it for today. I really just wanted to let you know what has happened recently. I'm going to lie down now and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.