Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Thinking

It's 6:30  am.  Fort forty-five minutes before the morning assembly and still two hours before my first class.  I thought I could type some thoughts in this blog before I started working.

I'm hating this laptop as I type.  It's getting slower and slower every day.  And now it's giving me a hard time.  I don't know if my laptop is to blame or if it's blogger though.  I can see it saving this draft every five seconds and I can't type when it does that.    There, the students have arrived. So much for the peace and quiet that I was enjoying just some ten minutes ago when I started typing.

My son and I had to drag ourselves out of bed at 5 am today which was forty-five minutes earlier than our usual wake-up time.  His class is at 7 and if we left the house past 6:30, he would have been late again because of the Cubao traffic.  So now we made a promise to ourselves that we would leave the house at 6:00 or the latest at 6:15  so he could arrive on time.  I'm hoping we could do what we promised every day for the rest of the school year.  When I think about it, it's just so hard.  Oh, why is it so nice to just lie in bed in the morning?

I'm giving a short quiz to my sixth graders today and I still have to make the quiz items.  I'll go right to that after I publish this post.  Honestly, I'm still sleepy and would rather sleep.

Every day I think about our upcoming trip to Kuala Lumpur which is on the 28th of November.  It's like a wedding anniversary celebration trip.  It's just that we'd be making sure we're back on the day of the anniversary because we want to hear Mass in the church we were wed in.

I think I have to go back to my doctor tomorrow. It's been more than two weeks since my surgery and I still have pain.  Sometimes it feels like I have  my period and sometimes it's a stabbing, throbbing pain that I can't remember encountering before.  What's sad is that I have just learned there was a special leave available for me to use.  According to the magna carta for women any woman who has to have surgery due to gynecological disorders can avail of a 60-day leave and shall still receive her gross monthly compensation from her employer.  Since I was ignorant of this, I was not able to avail of it.  I went back to work last Friday. Stupid, stupid me!

So, these are my thoughts on this early Wednesday morning.   What are yours?

2 comments:

  1. Can you use that leave time if you visit your docotr and say you are still in pain and need to use the time to recover fully? I hope it sorts for you, and I am sure you are not the only woman to return to work too soon as we always keep going and think of others.
    Feel better soon.

    Molly xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can but I won't anymore. The HR department won't even accept my doctor's certification that I had surgery. They want my doctor to give a certification that it was really needed for my sickness. I do not want to go to the doctor again and ask him to do so because it is like I am questioning his judgment. Him doing the surgery should be enough proof that a surgery was needed. It was done in a good and famous hospital and my doctor is the head of the ob-gyne department. Asking him to prove that a surgery was needed was like questioning his judgment. Besides, what woman in her right mind would undergo surgery just so she won't have to go to work and just so she will receive the same compensation,the amount of which is not even enough to pay the hospital? THere's something wrong with our HR dept.

      Delete

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.