Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pregnancy News

I am five weeks and one day pregnant today.

Yep, you've read that right. I am pregnant and I couldn't believe it either when I first tested on the 16th.  The test band was very faint and I thought I was just seeing things so I repeated the test the next day and I got another faint test band but darker from the one the day before. We bought different brands of pregnancy test and I tested every morning for another five consecutive days. The test band got darker and darker each time until Ruel and I were finally convinced.




I had my first ultrasound last Wednesday but it was still too early to detect a heartbeat. Fortunately, I was somehow appeased to find out that it was an intrauterine pregnancy.  I'm counting the days till my next ultrasound which will be in less than two weeks' time. Then we'll be able to see a fetal heartbeat!

As of now, I'm trying so hard not to get obsessed with pregnancy apps. I have three of them. Time seemed to have stopped and no matter how much I want it to go faster, it doesn't.

I haven't felt any symptom of pregnancy except for sore breasts. The morning sickness which was an all-day sickness with my first pregnancy has not yet started. There are no weird cravings. I never had them during my first and I don't think I'll have them now. I'm always looking for something to eat but I'm not so sure it has something to do with my pregnancy.

For now, I will try my best to focus on the things at hand, like preparing for the opening of the school year. I will try but no promises.:)






2 comments:

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.