Monday, May 23, 2016

Watercolor and Me

After finishing my lesson plans for the first and second quarter of the next school year,  I am now officially on my summer break. This makes me so happy!!!

Our family doesn't really have definite vacation plans this summer so I'm sure I have a lot of time for movie marathons.  But aside from that, I have listed down some projects that I have been putting off for quite some time now, which I hope to finish before the end of my break.

One of them is learning how to paint with water colors.  The last time I worked with water colors was when I was in grade school.  I remember using threads, screens, and blowing the water in different directions but I never really got the hang of it. In fact, I didn't really know what to do to make my art work look nicer.  Decades afterwards, water color calligraphy has become quite a fad.  And I want to make my own to decorate my living room or our bedroom with.

Today, I had my first water color practice.  It can be quite frustrating, I must admit. Writing letters with loops using a brush is something I didn't imagine could be difficult.


 
I know this is far from good but it was my best this morning.

After several attempts, at calligraphy, I finally was able to paint popsicles which looked decent enough and one word which would not have earned a passing grade if I were a calligraphy teacher.

I do find the popsicles cute for a first timer.  I am so happy with them...I think I am going to make more! They're the only things I can make for now. Hahaha! Anyway, if they look familiar, it might be because you've seen them on YouTube.  I watched Art TV by Fantasvale  and thought the popsicles were simple enough for a beginner like me to try. And I was right. 

I wish calligraphy was as easy as painting popsicles.  






4 comments:

  1. I like your artwork very much. Watercolor is fun and watercolor artworks seem to have an uplifting effect when staring at them. Wow, I had no idea work continues during summer break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your artwork very much. Watercolor is fun and watercolor artworks seem to have an uplifting effect when staring at them. Wow, I had no idea work continues during summer break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, Arni? Coming from you, that makes me so happy! Yes, I know what you mean by uplifting effect. I love how it makes me feel!

      Delete

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.