Saturday, November 8, 2014

October's Top Four

October was a great month for me.  Here are my top four reasons in no particular order. 

1. We had our school field trip.  The itinerary for the Grade 4 pupils included two old churches.  As you already know, I'm a sucker for everything old.

with fellow teachers in front of the church in Lumban

The church belfry in Lumban









     This was the side of the church in Paete, a town that's known for their wood carvings.  The church 
                                                         was built from 1646-1770.



Below is one of the paintings inside the church.  It was painted around 1770 using cat's tail as a brush, animal blood and natural paint from plants.



2.  I decided to explore whatever hidden talents I had in painting.  I'm taking it slowly though by    doing some sketches first.



3. I fell in love with the Taal Basilica.  I made a separate post about that here.





4. I was finally able to go back to my hometown in Sta. Cruz, Zambales. You can visit the post about it here.


I hope November is going to be even more fantastic for me and my family and for all of my readers.

What great things happened to you in October?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.