Saturday, September 2, 2017

Beautiful August

August  has been a beautiful month!  There were so many things to be thankful for! 


My son turned another year older on the 4th. 

Hunnybed was the one who took this photo.


My Tootsieroll is my life, my precious gift.  And this year's Buwan ng Wika Celebration gave me another chance to witness his many talents once again.  Among his many accomplishments this August was his essay that bested 500 essays written by his fellow Senior High students.

The smile of a proud stage mother :)


My mom turned another year older three days after my son turned 18.   We celebrated her  birthday with the whole family and by whole family, that always includes my sister, her husband, and their four-year-old son.



Classes opened on the 7th and this year I'm handling 17-year-olds.  It's my first time to handle kids as old as they and I am just loving it.  Being an adviser to them is so different from being an adviser to grade schoolers.  This time, I no longer have to do everything.   In fact, they do almost everything.  :) My student leaders are the best.  They are responsible and dependable.  My students are very supportive of one another too and that's what I love about them.  They are also one of the sweetest classes I've handled so far. 

These are my students after the elimination round of one of the Buwan ng Wika competitions.   I am somewhere in the middle.

I turned 43 on the 26th and I was just so grateful for all the blessings I've received from God.  I went to Mass very early in the morning feeling so thankful that I was born in the faith was born into and feeling so blessed that I could receive the Lord in the Eucharist on my birthday. 

For the first time in a long time, I was the one who treated my family to a sumptuous lunch.



I was just a little sad that day because my sister could only stay for a short time.  I got a little emotional because we seldom see each other and we don't get to talk anymore.  She does find time to be with her friends though so that hurts me a little.

My students gave me a surprise cake the following school day.  I love their thoughtfulness.  I was so touched that they thought of a surprise for me, complete with party poppers, considering the fact that we had only been together for two weeks.


So this is how my August went.  I hope September is going to be just as beautiful and blessed.

I hope you had a wonderful month as well.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, your August has been full of family and wonderful celebrations. Happy belated birthday! To you and your family members. Your class this year sounds wonderful, too. Here's hoping for a great year of school!

    ReplyDelete

Paint a smile on my face by leaving a note.